Happy 3rd Birthday, Kyler!!!

Happy 3rd birthday to my sweet, sweet Kyler!

His party was supposed to be on his actual birthday, Saturday, March 22, 2014.  Unfortunately, I got the stomach/GI bug going around on Friday and was out of commission the entire weekend.

We had to cancel/postpone his party and moved it to the following Saturday.  He wasn't as disappointed as I thought he would be.  I think it upset Grace more than anyone! :)

I had baked a cake the day before I got sick but ended up throwing it away as I wasn't sure if it would make anyone sick.  I'd rather be safe than sorry, especially with that bug!  It was no fun!  

On his birthday Dustin got them some fast food (Ky's choice) and we gave him the only part of the present we had--a little plastic hunting knife and a little play revolver and sheriff's badge.  It was such a tiny thing but he was SO happy and loved it!  I am so glad we had something for him on his actual birthday and that he was so happy!  I felt terrible about the whole thing but I think it hurt me more than him!

Anyway, the next Saturday we were able to celebrate!  All week I was still recuperating and had very little strength so Hyvee ended up making Ky's cake.  I was heart broken since that's the thing I always do for the kids but I think he was happy and I'm sure there's looked better than what I was going to do anyway!



We opened presents and Kyler got some great things!  He was such a happy boy all day!


And actually the weather was better this day so we got to do the pinata outside and then play on the swing set, in the sandbox, and with some footballs and tee balls!  It was really fun!


So glad we got to celebrate another year of this amazing boy's life!

0 comments:

Post a Comment