She's 4!

Sunday, May 20, 2012 marked the day my baby turned 4!  Hard to believe!

At four years old, she has become such a little girl with such a big personality and attitude!

This past year has been such a challenge in learning how to handle her defiance and intelligence.  She can be such a loving, sweet, obedient girl one minute and then flip to defiance, anger, mouthiness, etcetera.  I can only imagine what life will be like when she is a teenager.

But, no matter how mad she makes me, I love this little girl, my first baby.

Here she is at four years old, loving her favorite dog, Mack.


And one of those rare, sweet moments getting along with her little brother.  This picture just makes me see how beautiful she is.  Not because she is my child, but she actually has a lot of beauty in her.  Her face is just very beautiful.  Now I know it's my job to ensure her inside and heart reflect that same beauty.  I pray she becomes just as beautiful on the inside as she is from the outside.


We had her 4 year doctor appointment today.

Weight:  36.8 pounds--50-75th percentile
Height:  41.2 inches--75th percentile!
BMI--15.32--50th percentile--perfect!
Blood pressure--104/50--a little high but they said it was fine because she was really amped up!
Pulse--104

We always have to fill out a sheet to make sure your child is developing properly.  As usual, I was able to mark yes for everything.  Some of the questions included:

Stand on one foot for 2 seconds
Ride a tricycle
Speak clearly
Draw a person with three parts
Go up/down stairs alternating feet
Hop in one place
Copy a circle
Copy a cross
Name four primary colors
Wash and dry hands--Yes doc, we had this down years ago! :)
Brush teeth
Dress self

And for fun, a montage of pictures from each year of her little life:

Newborn

1 year

2 year

3 year 

4 year 


Grace, I love you so much.  You exasperate me to no end, but I can at least say you never, ever bore me.  You are so incredibly smart.  Again, not because you are my child.  You truly are one of the funniest, smartest, most logical little people I've ever met.  You are so one of a kind and I enjoy learning more about you every day.  I love your imagination and that you now have an imaginary friend named Daughter.  You can talk and talk for hours about her.  You have started loving to pick up your room and make your bed to surprise me.  You sure know what makes your mama smile!  You are also starting to become curious about Christ and what He did for you on the cross.  You haven't reached the point of knowing Him and making Him your savior, but I pray that you do someday.  We will keep teaching you and I hope you never lose that curiousity and hunger to learn!

Love you sweet girl!

0 comments:

Post a Comment