17 weeks!

Today I am so very thankful.  Thankful that I still have a baby growing inside of me.  

Wednesday morning I was taking the trash out.  I had a bag in each hand and a box and went down the 7 wood steps to the front door like normal.  But then before I knew it I felt myself falling and the next thing I can remember is lying on my back in extreme pain.  I fell somehow (I think I caught a bag with my foot or something) and landed incredibly hard on my lower back, directly behind where the baby sits.

I just laid there for a minute or two, not quite knowing what to do.  I have fallen before in my other pregnancies but nothing quite this severe.  I was scared.  And in lots of pain.  But, seeing as the kitchen trash bag had ripped and I now had trash and mainly yogurt all over the place I had to do something.  Kyler saw it all happen and I told him to just stay back.  I was able to get the trash all picked up and out and the stairs and myself cleaned up.  I called and left a message for my doctor just to make sure I was watching for the right signs of miscarriage.

Thankfully, other than a severely sore back/hip, everything seems fine!  I didn't go in to have the baby checked as we figured if something happened, there's nothing they could do about it anyway.  Yesterday morning, about 24 hours after it happened, I most definitely felt this little baby moving around.  So very thankful!

What a reminder that nothing is guaranteed for me or this baby.  While this was a good outcome with God's hand of protection over us, I still may not have a perfectly healthy baby.  I've had two high risk pregnancies thus far and I'm just thankful that for right now I have this baby.  Whether we have complications or a perfectly normal, uncomplicated pregnancy/baby, God has entrusted me to care for this little being and I'm so thankful that He watched over us Wednesday.



0 comments:

Post a Comment