Little me's?

I love my two kiddos.  But I'm realizing that they are more like me than I maybe have realized.

For example, Grace did something the other day while we were at a restaurant that made me so proud of her.  While taking her to the bathroom, she washed and dried her hands.  Then, she proceeded to take a paper towel, put it in her hand, and carefully open the door, careful not to touch the handle with her hand. 

I did not ask her to do it like that.  She just knew that's how you do it!  Silly that I was proud of it, maybe.  But it's very awesome to see her growing up like that!

And then she was at the grocery store with us.  We only needed a couple things so we said she could just get a little cart instead of us getting a big one.  Before doing anything else, she went over, got the sanitizing wipes, and wiped down her little cart before being ready. 

She really knows the way into my heart...:)


And Kyler is really showing me who he is these last couple of days.  Grace is at Grandpa and Grandma's for a couple days and that has given me a chance to just be with Kyler, which I never really ever do.  He is really surprising me!

Yesterday I was cutting coupons and he climbed up on a chair at the dining room table and watched me for a bit.  When he was bored, he climbed back down and then PUSHED IN HIS CHAIR before going to play with some toys.  What?  Did my 16 month old really do that?  Yes, he made it quite an elaborate point actually since he jammed it in.

And then today we had a granola bar as a morning snack.  He grabbed the wrapper, without me asking or saying anything, and went over the the kitchen trash, opened the lid and threw it away.  What???  Why didn't I know he knew how to do this?  Probably because Grace is my helper and does everything for me.  Hmm, he really is paying attention I guess.

And Kyler has started talking a bit these last two days!  What????  He doesn't talk.  Or maybe he just doesn't talk when Grace is around.  After all, he can't get a word in edgewise.  She never stops talking or narrating every second of her life!

I am starting to realize that maybe he's a little more mature than I had thought.  He's not really a baby anymore, even though it's hard for me to think of him as anything but!

 I just love this picture, showing the loving, kind heart Kyler has...


And the crazy duo a couple weeks ago pooling it up! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment