SLIME

Pinterest has so many fun ideas for things to do with kids.  I feel like I am always pinning things but rarely doing them.

Until now...

A couple days ago I finally got the ingredients for slime!  I have been searching Lincoln for clear Elmer's glue and the ONLY place I have found it has been Hobby Lobby.  So there's a tip for you--if you want clear Elmer's glue, go to Hobby Lobby!

So basically, you take equal parts clear glue and liquid starch (I used Sta-Flo, which is the only one I could find) and mix them together in a bowl.  I just used one 5 oz container of the glue, dumped it, then filled it with the liquid starch, and then dumped it in the bowl.

For future reference, I would use a little less starch since mine seemed a little too "solid".  And it seems to set up as you play.  So....I would say about 3/4 as much liquid starch to the glue....

Anyway, after mixing them I divided it in two and let the kids pick their colors.  

I took it outside and removed shirts because I just didn't really want to deal with the mess!




This lasted about 15-20 minutes.  Kyler just got grass in his and tried to eat it every so often.  Grace had fun picking it apart and then smashing her pieces together.  

All in all, a fun activity and I will definitely do it again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment